MY EXPERIENCE WITH ADVERTISING ON AMAZON
The new option for KDP Select authors to advertise their Kindle e-books with Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) is intriguing.
I have now run 14 different ads through AMS. I’ve also studied the results that several other authors have posted.
Today, I’m sharing some of my preliminary results and offering my thoughts on this critical question:
IS IT WORTH IT?
I’ll also mention a couple of alternative uses of this tool.
- Initial Return on Investment
- Estimating Short-term ROI
- Your Safe CPC Bid
- Advertising Results
- Possible Side Benefits
- Long-term ROI
- Countdown Deals and Freebies
- Creative Uses of Book Advertisements
1. INITIAL RETURN ON INVESTMENT
The short-term return on investment (ROI) depends on these factors:
- your average cost-per-click (CPC) bid
- the royalty you earn for each sale
- your sales-per-click (SPC) conversion rate
- possible side benefits, like selling similar books, like selling print copies…
View original post 2,446 more words